Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Grocery Shopping

I have to go grocery shopping today.  I have a real love/hate relationship with grocery stores, and I've been trying to let my husband do most of the shopping so I'm not tempted to buy unhealthy foods.  But it didn't work out this weekend, so..

I've been looking around for good recipes to try.  I have to admit, I'm a little picky.  It needs to be easy.  Like.. really easy.  I don't eat mushrooms or avocados, either, so there's that.

I found this website, which has a ton of great recipes:  101 Healthy Low Carb Recipes That Taste Incredible.  But nothing there was really jumping out at me.  Plus, there's lots of avocado.  I don't really want to eat Paleo, either.. been there, done that.  But if that's what you're looking for, the above is a great site for low carb, Paleo recipes.

I did see a couple recipes for Ham, Pear, and Swiss sandwiches that look right up my alley.  Allrecipes.com has one, and another one is at Bake at 350 (I'd probably omit most of the butter and use whole wheat instead of sourdough).

Slender Kitchen has a great recipe for fried rice, and she's even calculated the Weight Watchers points for you!  I'd add chicken to bulk it up, I think, but that sounds pretty easy.. especially since I could cook a bunch of it for dinner and then have leftovers for a few days of lunches.

Speaking of Slender Kitchen, I was browsing the slow-cooker section and found a Jerk Chicken recipe I think I'll make tomorrow.  My husband will be excited!

Think I've got enough to put together a shopping list now.. wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment