Friday, January 9, 2015

Seven Months Later...

Talk about falling off the band wagon, right?  So it's been seven months, and surprise surprise!  I've gained some weight back.  To be fair, it's been a crazy seven months, fully of huge amounts of stress, major life changes (we moved across the country, if you can believe that!), and binge eating like nobody's business.

But I'm ready to get back to work, so I'm announcing it to the world (or the Internet) - I do not want to be fat anymore.  I do not want to run away from my problems, to ignore my feelings, to not be the best version of myself.  Hopefully getting back on track to being healthier mentally and emotionally will, as a side benefit, make it easier to lose weight.

I have no illusions about why I'm overweight and why I have a hard time dieting.  I know that I can't just white knuckle another diet (which one is popular right now?  I sure don't know) and hope it sticks.  'Cause it won't.  I've spent a lot of time over the past few years getting to know myself and finding out how I can actually live my life and deal with my problems.  It's time to put that knowledge back into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment