Sunday, January 11, 2015

It Could Be Worse, Right?

I finally got new batteries for the scale and weighed in this morning.  It definitely could have been worse - I only gained back about half of what I lost last year.  I'm now at 297.4 lbs.  This is what that looks like:


Please excuse the dorky avatar head protecting my anonymity - love those Overeaters Anonymous traditions!  Following taking this picture (thanks to my husband for doing the dirty work), I headed out to the grocery store to do our weekly shopping trip.

I've always found it really hard finding a balance between buying snacks for the kids to have, but not getting things I find too tempting.  Hopefully I did okay for the week:  the cookies I bought them are not my favorites, and I didn't get any ice cream.  I did, however, get a bunch of fresh produce and enough food to make healthy lunches (and dinners) for the week.


We had feta and basil stuffed grilled chicken breasts for dinner, with veggie kabobs.  While the grill was fired up, we also cooked chicken for me to use in salads for lunches this week.  I've got three healthy meals a day planned out for the whole week and fruit for snacks.  My goal is to walk a mile four times this week, either by doing two laps around the block or using the treadmill.  I know that's starting pretty slow, but considering my size and fitness level, I figured that's the best way to go.  I'm also setting a goal of doing step work three times this week (which I'll post here, obviously).

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment