Monday, January 12, 2015

Exercise on a Rainy Day? Nah..

This morning started out nice enough.  We had plans to meet up with friends at the park, so I got up, had a healthy breakfast, got everyone ready, and packed lunches (raspberries for me, figuring I'd have my salad when I got home).  We had a wonderful time at the park, but it started downpouring while we were there.  After the first storm passed, there was about 45 minutes more to play before the next downpour started.  My kids love the rain, so they continued running around like maniacs, getting drenched.  We waited for a pause in the storm before heading home, and the break in the rain held until we were indoors.. and now it's been raining ever since.  It's so hard to convince myself to do anything worthwhile when it's raining.  I've got the door to the patio open beside me, and the sound of the rain is so lovely.  There's even some gentle thunder in the distance, and all I want to do is curl up and read.

Thankfully, I've got a lovely new book!  It Was Me All Along, by Andie Mitchell.

(don't mind the low light, I told you, it's dark and rainy out!)

I'm almost done with it, to be honest.  It's well written, and a brutally honest story of what it's like to be fat and to lose weight, what it's like to grow up in a dysfunctional family, and most importantly, it doesn't present the 'after' of weight loss as rosy perfection.  I love how she discusses the reality of losing weight only to find that you're still you, just thinner.  There are some good Twelve-Step messages in there, too, like "One Day At A Time."  This book is absolutely fantastic, and I highly recommend it.

Oh, and speaking of Andie Mitchell, I'm following her recipe for Chinese Turkey Lettuce Wraps for dinner!

So I'll just go back to my reading.. and maybe, if I'm disciplined enough, I'll do some OA work.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment