Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Diet Change & Cravings

I haven't been totally happy with the amount of weight I've been losing just by tracking calories and trying to make healthier choices.  I did some reading (as if I haven't read it all before) and decided that I should try a low carb, high fat diet again.  But the process of switching diets has been unpleasant.  I've had several days where I've just gone completely off the wagon (not to mention things like Mother's Day and my youngest's birthday).  I love hearing people talk about how great they feel when they cut sugar and/or gluten out of their diet, and part of me really wants that.. but a bigger part of me really, really wants sugar.  I know it's my addict, and that I shouldn't give in, but man, is it hard!  I find myself wondering, "Well, if other people can lose weight and not go low carb, then I should be able to, too."  Maybe I can, maybe it would be fine and I'd just lose a little more slowly.  But I hate being this 'dependent' on anything, I hate the hold sugar has on me.  I hate it, and I love it, and ugh!

I'm sitting here, with work to do and kids to tend to, and all I can think about is a Nutella sandwich.  I already tapped on the craving once, and that did help a bit, for a few minutes.  But it's back, I obviously wasn't very specific in my tapping.  I'm going to give it a few more rounds and hope that I'll be okay with just water.  But dinner feels a long way off.

No comments:

Post a Comment